A conversation with Bell X1’s Paul Noonan (195, June 2018)

It is 20 years since Bell X1 came our way. As they note on their website, lots can happen in 20 years. There has been a rake of great albums in this time from the band – for our money, “Arms”, the “difficult seventh album” from 2016, stands tallest – and they continue to forge onwards and upwards.

Given that the band are marking 20 years of Bell X1 with a run of sold-out shows up and down the country, we thought it would be a good idea to bring lead singer Paul Noonan to Banter for a discussion about life, work, music and all the rest of it as part of the Wellington Weekender at the Workman’s Club on Saturday June 30.

paulnoonan

Spend the afternoon with us in the Workman’s Club venue bar and hear some yarns, anecdotes, asides and insights.

Doors open at 2.30pm and the conversation kicks off at 3pm-ish. Tickets are available here with a €2 charitable donation to Aware.