A conversation with Paul Kimmage (155, Jan 2017)

For the last couple of years, Banter has teamed up with the First Fortnight mental health arts festival to host a sports-releated event of some stripe. We’re very happy to join them again in January and we’re especially happy to welcome Paul Kimmage to the Banter stage.

kimmage

One of the most influential and widely read sportswriters in the country, Paul was a professional cyclist and wrote the award-winning book, Rough Ride, about his time on the circuit before he turned to the writing trade full-time. He will join us to talk about his life as a professional cyclist, his career as a sportswriter, the mental stresses and strains that occur in sport and how sportspeople deal with these.

A Banter conversation with Paul Kimmage takes place at The Workman’s Club, Dublin on Tuesday January 10. Doors open at 6.30pm, the event starts at 7pm and tickets are available here (this event is now sold out).