The new majority (158, Mar 2017)

Since 2015, Imagine has been gathering a fine crew of thinkers and talkers in Belfast for various events aimed at promoting debate and discussion on the big issues of our time. Director Peter O’Neill very kindly extended an invitation to Banter to join this year’s festival and we were happy to take him up on his offer.

15747919_1008057796004341_8334494715595267891_n

Our contribition to the theme of “prepare for a new tomorrow” is The New Majority, a conversation with the next generation of Northern Ireland voters about what they want from their politics and especially politicians. We’ll be joined by a selection of those who will decide the make-up of elected assemblies in the future about the issues in Belfast and the world which move them in terms of both activism and voting intentions. Are the old reasons for sticking an X on the ballot paper going out with the tide for younger voters or do they still exert an influence?

Banter at Imagine will take place at The Factory at The MAC (Exchange Street) on Saturday March 25 at 2pm with Katie Richardson (Goldie Fawn), Fergal McFerran (president, NUS-USI), Tara Connolly (chairperson, NI Youth Forum) and Callum Curry (entrepreneur and founder of SUSSD). Admission is free, but advance registration is necessary and can be done here.

You can check out the full programme of events for Imagine – including film screenings, workshops, discussions, lectures, talks and an explanation of why you see Elvis in your toast – here.